The Good Cemetery Guide is available on multiple e-book platforms, both in South Africa and internationally.
My next project is to make a POD copy available for those readers and reviewers who still desire the experience of touching and holding a printed book with a beautiful cover.
START READING THE GOOD CEMETERY GUIDE NOW: Look Inside and Send a sample to your Kindle now!
“… This quirky story of a Kalk Bay undertaker is…’playful, imaginative, surprising,” and showed a refreshing linguistic skill.”
– Sunday Times Lifestyle, SHORT LIST for The Sunday Times Fiction Prize
“… You can smell the sea, hear the 4.30 train to Muizenberg and feel the grit in your eyes when the South-Easter picks up. Highly recommended.”
– Barry Tyson, The Other Guide
“This book is a fast-paced, witty, enjoyable read. I look forward to Roland’s next novel.”
– Rating 4/5 Lauri Meldau, thewritecompany.co.za
“An intensely readable creation of story and character.”
– Awarded honourable mention accolade by judges for The Olive Schreiner Prize for Prose
“Don’t be put off by the title. It’s a romp! Full of larger than life characters set in a fantastical Kalk Bay and Muizenberg. Unputdownable.”
– Manu Herbstein, goodreads.com
“… ‘n Heerlike boek om jou te laat lag, dink, gril en weer lag. “
– Madeleine Roux, Volksblad
Selected as one of 30 “must read” South African Books for the Cape Town International Book Fair 2007.
– Centre for the Book – National Library of South Africa
“… the story is eccentrically funny with a chorus of marvelous characters and a cheering resolution. … an irresistable tale of human possibility.”
– Michelle Magwood, Sunday Times
“… the perfect novel for a person who seeks escapism and relaxation in their reading but requires something more than Barbara Cartland or John Grisham can offer on the intellectual front.”
“Remarkable … The needs of the dead and those of the living are superbly captured.”
– Beverley Roos Muller, Cape Argus
“… dis ‘n juweel van ‘n boek.”
– Madeleine van Biljon, Beeld
LITERARY AWARDS SHORTLIST 2017
FREE PREVIEW! The Good Cemetery Guide Kindle edition!